Saturday, January 14, 2012

"The Philosophy of Joss Whedon" Book available

I just read an article on examiner.com (link here) mentioning a new book that is now out called The Philosophy of Joss Whedon.  A initial look appears to be very promising, and I would encourage everyone to check it out.

The book is available through the Kentucky Press (link to buy book here).

Since a lot of Joss' works are sources of inspiration for me and the things I write, I am definitely looking forward to getting my hands on a copy of this.
"Focused on the philosophical musings evoked by Whedon and company's rich televisual, filmic, web, and comic book texts, the collection proves simultaneously accessible and substantive, while also confirming and extending a substantial body of work by the community of Whedon scholars. Most commendably, the authors' manage to teach readers-students, professors, and fans-just as much about Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Sartre, and Nietzsche as about Malcolm Reynolds, the spaceship Serenity, Cordelia Chase, Billy/Dr. Horrible, and Caroline Farrell/Echo."

No comments: